[stella] Alive and kicking

Subject: [stella] Alive and kicking
From: "John K. Harvey" <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:36:59 -0500
Hello Stellalisters,

It's been awhile since I've posted anything at all, but I've had
significant amounts of work laid before me recently.  So, in the spirit of
adding one more thing to the project list, I'm thinking of more development
work.

Does this mean I'm writing games again?  Well, let's put it this way:  If
Motivation was on sold in boxes, I'd really like to invest in a whole
pallet.  However, since Wal-Mart is all out of Motivation, I guess I have
to deal with what's left in my current box (a few crumbs sticking to the lid).

So, I may as well ask a question to try and jump-start myself into action
again.

Q) If I do a STA WSYNC while a timer is enabled, does it affect its
decrementation (think that's a pseudo-word) in any way, as opposed to
letting the scanline WSYNC happen automatically?  Generally, when enabling
a timer you wouldn't call a WSYNC, as you could reset the timer afterward
to reflect the new time period after the WSYNC, since you have an updated
idea of what scanline you're currently on.  However, I'm working on some
modularity issues right now, so I'm toying with the idea.

Should be simple enough.  I'm assuming the timer wold decrement at the same
rate, but I am double-checking.

Mentos,
-John K. Harvey

-