Re: [stella] Dungeons

Subject: Re: [stella] Dungeons
From: Chad Schell <gamer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:51:41 -0700

(1) I don't actually have one myself.  Not being an ebay or flea market
kind of guy, I may never get one.  That's why I'm looking forward to that
cartridge with the chameleonic fish for a name I can't remember.  Used to
be called Superdupercharger. ;)

Hmm, could that be the Cuttle Cart? Yes, for those of you who haven't heard I've changed the name of the SuperDuperCharger to the Cuttle Cart.

Also, thanks to Eckhard, the Cuttle Cart now displays load numbers, so if you want you can write random access multi-load games that use a CD or computer to serve up the loads in any order you like.

(3) It's easy to get carts made now and a big ego rush to see your own work
committed to ROM.  At least it is for me.

I think this one is definitely true. In a somewhat unrelated example people seemed very excited to see Intellivision 4-Tris released in cartridge format, even though it's been freely available for years as a ROM based game. I definitely got the feeling that it was the culmination of writing a new Intellivision game for the author to actually see the game exist in cartridge format.

Chad

-