Re: [stella] Dungeons

Subject: Re: [stella] Dungeons
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 23:29:37 -0400
At 08:01 AM 4/26/01 -0700, Glenn Saunders wrote:
>Oh, great.  And all this time I was thinking that classic gamers were
>deliberately not distributing the Starpath games in respect for the CD...

Nah, they started not long before SGANB2 shipped, when the binaries got
included in Good2600 (the ROM renamer for DOS) so people just automatically
include them in their "complete Good2600" floods now.  Same with Edtris -
two different dumps, even.  (Haven't downloaded any of it because I'm
really there for the MAME floods and I have pretty much every 2600 game I
could ever want.)  I'm not aware of any other 2600 items which were
previously in "don't copy" status but if there were any, they're probably
included too.

The Ebivision games aren't though, last time I saw a flood at least, which
probably just means the Good2600 author has never seen them.  Virtually all
demos and games from stella-list are included though, even the non-working
ones.  All the Telegames stuff is included in the CV floods too, and the
Blue Sky stuff in the INTV floods.  It's not malice, it's the collector
mentality.  It's listed and therefore they must have it or their collection
is lacking.  I suppose you could take a page from the MPAA and go after the
pseudonymous author of the Good* tools for "contributory infringement" if
you cared that much.

I find the 2600 floods fascinating because there are like 1500 binaries
they list now.  And yet lost protos keep appearing....

Oh, I don't think you can discount the idea of people ordering SGANB2 just
because SGANB became such a hot ebay item, either.

>I do have over 800 CDs left.

Wow, did you actually sell less of 2 than of 1?  Talk about sequelitis.
I've got mine, anyway, despite having no SC ;)

Rob

-