Aw: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: The final Kernel!

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: The final Kernel!
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:26:59 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Pierro!

> Why don't you try to add the largest number of variations?

Uhm... to tell the truth, I just haven't yet thought any further :-)

> Some examples..
> - remote controlled bullets: sounds silly, but can be fun.

I doubt that this this'd work, since you'd not only
move both bullets, but the cowboy, too. This mode works IMHO only
when having more *stationary* players and only one shot.

> - "escape".. a game where only one cowboy can fire (up to 4 bullets), and
> the other must escape. The second cowboy wins if he doesn't die in a given
> time.

One word: Brill! I just say: Yes, I'm gonna do that!

> - "duel".. the two cowboys can't move, the one that shoots first wins. This
> is a kind of "reflex tester"..

Sounds cool too.

> Try to add many combinations of these features, like "escape with remote
> controlled bullets" and so on..

Oh, with these I'd already have the modes 'sheriff/deputy/escape/duel'
plus eight different graphical layouts, plus one or two player modes.
That makes already 4*8*2=64 different game variants. Should be something
in it for everyone :-)

> >And of course some 6-Digit eye-candy for the status display

> Obviously a "western" font :-)

Yup! I'm thinking about having a layout like this:

00     XY     00

- The zero's are displaying the scores.
- Y will display in iconic form the play mode.
- X Will display in iconic form if your opponent is an A.I or a player.

Eventually XY will transfom into a game timer during play...

Greetings,
     Manuel

-