Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: The Final Kernel part 2|
From: Joe Grand <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 19:52:20 -0400
- Full and (99%) working collision detection for everything. There's a little bug in it, where players can score points without even shooting, which I hope to be able to eliminate...
- Full iconized mode / score display
- Integrated the 6-shooter amunition boxes from top/bottom *into* the playfield. I managed to reinstall the ball for that. Don't ask me how I did it, I spent more than 10(!) hours on that damn kernel to teach it that trick... I'd even to remove the second STA WSYNC...
- I rewrote almost everything else of the game, so if you tried to follow the source developement so far, I'm sorry :-)
- Hope you noticed that I actually integrated a 'Xype' logo as a playable level :-)
- Use 'select' to cycle through the modes, they are: standart-shootout -> 6-shooter -> escape -> score-hunt. I hope the icons are self-explainable, tell me if not.
- Use switch 'B' for a (dummy :-)) AI ON/OFF (Hey, it's still a demo...)
All in all I worked some 50+ hours into this version, hope you see some of the benefits...
Please give me some feedback on how you like the modes, make your suggestions , find bugs other the one I mentioned...
Please give me some additional thoughts on two aspects:
- 4 or 2 bullets at once in the escape scenario?
- Shall I do a death sequence every time a cowboy is hit, or would you rather have a faster gameplay with a death sequence after 10 hits or something like that?
And - I'm thinking about music.
I'll definitely do a cover of 'Ring Of Fire' by Johnny Cash. I have to. I love that song... :-)
Any other suggestions? (Ennio Morricone is to complex for the VCS and I think doing the x.th version of the High Noon theme would be boring, too...)
- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/