Re: [stella] Color question

Subject: Re: [stella] Color question
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 11:18:12 -0400
At 10:24 AM 5/12/01 -0400, you wrote:
Does anyone know why my color scheme looks fine using StellaX 1.1.3a but looks washed out and totally different on a TV or z26? I wouldn't expect there to be such a change - especially when I can run other games on all 3 and get the same exact colors.. I haven't seen this problem with any other games (even the homebrew ones) - am I missing something simple?

I tried to track down where I posted about this on USENET or here (can't remember) and I can't find it, but...

I noticed once that I could tell the different colors of the ghosts in Pac-Man on Stella, but had always thought that all four were yellow when I used to play on a 2600. The answer that came back was that between the RF cable and the poor quality of color you get on a TV vs. a monitor, color contrasts tended to (and the same adjective was used in the reply I'd gotten) "wash" out.

That doesn't explain the z26 problem or perhaps even the extent to which things were washed out for you, but I thought I'd mention it.

Ruffin Bailey

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/