Re: [stella] Money matters...

Subject: Re: [stella] Money matters...
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:31:29 -0400
At 02:27 PM 5/19/01 +1000, you wrote:
Having said that, I don't mind the idea of publishing under a common banner.
I do see some advantages to brand-recognition by a single entity being
responsible for the release of several '2600 games.  But although this is
attractive to me, I couldn't see myself doing it when I can achieve the
rewards as outlined above, by doing it myself.

Looks like about the only time label recognition would be a measurable advantage would be when added PR is an important factor -- and that's not a very important thing in a "cult" market.

That said, I would nearly be surprised (if all these thesis topics, etc are any indication -- I mean come on, who on the list doesn't think about making it happen?) if there wasn't a hand-held, battery-powered, game boy-ish Atari released in the next decade or so. Maybe a publishing house with some capital would make more sense then. Couldn't lose much more dough than the Neo Geo, Lynx and friends, could it? ;^)

Ruffin Bailey

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/