[stella] Visible screen

Subject: [stella] Visible screen
From: "John K. Harvey" <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:52:56 -0500
Hello all,

	I may be interested in using more than the standard 192 scanlines for my
kernal.  Since televisions that are being produced today are a lot more
sophisticated than those of yore, I was wondering if anyone knew the
"displayable on almost all TV's" maximum kernal range, as it has probably
changed with time.
	I know some Activision games used more lines than the standard, so if no
one knows offhand, I can look there and do some comparisons.
	Also, would I be free to expand upward (take some VBLANK time away) as
well, or is this just an overscan-time sort of thing?  I guess I'm just
looking for some limits.

Thank you,
-John K. Harvey

-