[stella] Paddles

Subject: [stella] Paddles
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 21:12:49 -0400

My humble suggestion is that you take advantage of 6 of the positions on
the d-pad. That is:

Just to give Matt a hard time...

Forget it. If you don't have an actual paddle controller, it's a waste. Unless someone can wire up an adapter, please don't include KABOOM!, Video Olympics, Warlords, Breakout, or what have you. The people who have never played these would never appreciate these games like they should. There's nothing more fun than playing KABOOM! with a thumb and forefinger only... the control a paddle gives ya can't even be approximated with the stock GBA controls.

Seems like it would be awful easy to hack up an adapter cable for paddles through the link port though.

If Activision's on the table, add:
* Choplifter
* Laser Attack
* Enduro
* Keystone Kapers
* Decathlon
* River Raid
* Barnstorming
* Skiing
* and of course Pitfall, though that might be tough.

And again, I'd love to see Chase the Chuckwagon as a prize and the idea for Crazy Climber is another great one.

Most any arcade adaptation would be good stuff, though I was hesitant to add them before.
* Space Invaders (great 2 pl keeps this tops)
* Millipede
* Berzerk
* Missile Command
* Defender
* Ms. Pac-Man

If you pull this off, I'll be the first in line. Good luck.

Ruffin Bailey

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/