[stella] Some Questions That Bug Me

Subject: [stella] Some Questions That Bug Me
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:16:47 -0700 (PDT)
Now that I'm back to five days a week at work....

First, I just read the discussion about the maximum
displayed lines on a TV screen.  What are the maximum
lines period?  Is that number hard, or can that be
expanded a bit like the visible screen can?

Second, how does Activision get that border?  It seems
like the Atari games they make have a black border
around the screen.  There's no sign of those weird
lines like in the black and white mode of Space
Invaders.  Do they just leave the color register for
black, cycle count in, and start at the playfield?
(This seems like it would take up valuable processing
time, so I'm not sure of my theory.)

Dobre utka,
Pete Holland Jr.