[stella] ET

Subject: [stella] ET
From: "Christopher Rydberg" <solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 06:42:20 -0000

E.T. is a must. Oh wait, you want games people DON'T hate. Heh. :-)

Hey...I liked ET (the crowd goes quite). It wasn't Defender II or Pitfall, but it was ok if you new what you were tryng to do. I go back and play it now and feel that what he was trying to do was ahead of it's time. An adventure game where you explore an area and collect things. Other than Adventure I can't thing of any games of that type on the 2600 and yet now every other game is exactly this style. Resident Evil, Tomb Raider. Are these games truly originators of this style or just descendants of Adventure and ET. I feel it's the latter and further that ET deserves a little more respect. It reminds me of that Annie movie from forever long ago. All the kids on the playground trashed it because it was cool to make fun of it, but it was actually a pretty entertaining movie. Seems we have ET in the same position. It's the game that all the kids want to attack because that's what they've always done, but I question whether it really deserves the criticism.

What do you guys think?

Christopher Rydberg solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx afterlife.100megsfree4.com