Re: [stella] Euchre

Subject: Re: [stella] Euchre
From: Matt Matthews <jvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:56:30 -0400
On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 11:35:09PM +0200, Manuel Polik wrote:
> Exactly this was killing all my computer activities for weeks now :-)
> (My excuse goes especially to Joe, I'm just not able at the moment to
> look through his code, when it's 30+ degrees day by day...)

Soon enough it'll be cold again and I'll have a good justification for staying
at my computer. ;^)

> > I started work on developing a bidding strategy for the computer
> > players.
>
> Uhm, you could do me a favor and explain the rules for 'Euchre'. Being
> from Germany I must admit that I never heard of it. Maybe you can
> provide a link to its rules?

This claims to have the rules according to Hoyle (about half-way down the
page) and assuming it's right, then it should be a good place to start.
(Note sure if Hoyle is as recognized elsewhere as he is here in the States,
but "the rules according to Hoyle" is often seen as the 'bible' of card rules,
from what I can tell.)

http://www.bright.net/~double/hoyle.html

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2859                         \ Use        _o)
Duke University    \ em: jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx               \ GNU/Linux /\\

-