Aw: [stella] A timing question...

Subject: Aw: [stella] A timing question...
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:54:01 +0200 (CEST)
Von: Christopher Rydberg <solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> My
> idea was to write a simple "frame" and loop it.  Then I set a timer for
> around 1 second.  When the timer hits zero I check the number of "frames"
> that have accured within that second to determine NTSC or PAL by way of
> framerate.

That simply won't work. In Germany we'd say here's the cat
biting its own tail :-)

It's _you_ who determines the number of cycles a frame takes, via your
kernel and the number of scannlines you do. The time your kernel needs
to display one frame will be exactly the same, no matter whether it's running
on PAL or NTSC. It's the same number of cycles running with the same speed,
taking exactly the same time.

If you do 50 fps on NTSC, the same ROM will do 50 fps on PAL in
the same time.

Greetings,
     Manuel

-