Re: [stella] Program..

Subject: Re: [stella] Program..
From: "Christopher Rydberg" <solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 05:48:04 -0000
Yeah, thanks for the information. I just wish I was better at programming to
begin with. I am better if I learn things in a classroom because I don't
like to read on my own.

Someone should make a simple game and try to get is as the "packaged-in"
game for the Atari VCSP, the portable Atari 2600 coming out. Make it the
only place you can get the game.

I can relate, but stick with it. Programming the 2600 is a blast. it takes some getting used to, but it's fun. Try Nick Bensema's (sorry if I spelled that wrong) site for some good info and then check his links. There is a place that archives snippets of code that have been posted around the web and I believe he links to it. Each one is a like a mini tutorial on one or two specific areas of 2600 programming. Also, you could wait about a month and check my site

afterlife.100megsfree4.com

for the upcoming Developer Aid Center. If I ever get it completed it should include a walkthrough from start to finish of all the basics of VCS programming. With it I hope anyone should be able to go from ground zero to basic competence within a few weeks. Good luck.

Christopher Rydberg
solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx
afterlife.100megsfree4.com