Re: [stella] Timing blues...

Subject: Re: [stella] Timing blues...
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:11:08 +0200
> Now this is interesting.  How could this be?  Do the PAL and NTSC consoles
> have different TIA chips?  Or do they just run at different clock rates?
> What are the differences?

I'm not sure what exactly causes this. I think the TIA chips are different
between PAL and NTSC. Also the main clock differs by a couple of Hertz, but
not by much. And PAL VCSs have a second clock, which I think is for the
horizontal frequency. I heard NTSC consoles only have one clock crystal?
Maybe if Chris ever finds the time to analyze the PAL VCS I sent him, we
might know for sure. ;-)

BTW, did you get my email with the changes to the z26 cpu engine
and just didn't have time to answer it yet, or was that lost again?

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-