Re: [stella] Timing blues...

Subject: Re: [stella] Timing blues...
From: "Christopher Rydberg" <solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 05:38:53 +0000

It's true that NTSC decks only have one clock circuit. Why would you need
2 for PAL? But I remember seeing the 2 generators when I opened up the deck
you sent me, and at the time I think I suspected that one was for "normal"
PAL, and one was for 4.43 NTSC. But it didn't make sense that they'd install
the components for both circuits. I don't remember...maybe I'll take another
look before CGE.

Hmmm. Maybe one is for the system's timing and one is for the automated horizontal timing of the PAL screen writing...I've no idea, but am very interested.

Christopher Rydberg
solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx
afterlife.100megsfree4.com