Re: [stella] Starmaster disassembled

Subject: Re: [stella] Starmaster disassembled
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 11:40:32 -0700

This was not the first game for the 2600 Alan wrote, so maybe somebody else
started or was involved into the project.
<<

Al invented playfield bitmaps in Surround. That's no easy feat. Take a look at Surround and see if there are any LSRs. I find it hard to believe that he didn't know the entire 6502 instruction set by the time Starmaster was coded.

Starmaster is 4K or 8K? I could understand having some "slop" in an 8K game if there was plenty of room to spare and if the programmer was trying to crank out product. David Crane was especially prolific. Al Miller less so, but also no slouch.