Re: [stella] TomInv testing with Supercharger reveals anomaly

Subject: Re: [stella] TomInv testing with Supercharger reveals anomaly
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:03:35 +0200
inkling wrote:
> I loaded this .bin on a Supercharger plugged into a 7800, and noticed
> something unusual about the invader's movements.
>
> When they start on the far left, they all line up correctly.  On the
> next movement, the second invader (from the left) stays in the same
> position, but one 'pixel' to the left of their correct fourth
> position.  In the fourth position, the second and third invaders move
> into the desired position.
>
> On z26, the invaders do not display this pattern.  On the
> Supercharger, it does.  Is it a difference between the 2600 and 7800,
> or does it occur on the 2600 as well?
>
> Frame 1:
> XX  XX  XX  XX
>
> Frame 2:
>  XX    XXXX  XX
>
> Frame 3:
>   XX   XX XX  XX
>
> Frame 4:
>    XX  XX  XX  XX
>
> I should make a more scientific investigation of the phenomena, but I
> want to be sure it's not something in the code first :)

Since I have no change to test things on real hardware (I do everything with z26), I did send some code to Eckhard.

He told me about a problem with the positioning, and I thought I fixed it. Maybe the bug accidently came back. Someone should test this on a 2600.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Flug.de | Wer viel unterwegs ist, kann keine Zeit verschwenden
http://flug.de/?PP=0-5-100-105-11

-