[stella] Atari 7800 signing program

Subject: [stella] Atari 7800 signing program
From: "Frank Palazzolo" <palazzol@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:49:44 -0400
I updated my signing program, still available here:

http://www.dsplib.com/a7800/a78sign.zip

I've tested it on many files, but I'd still be a bit careful with it until a few
people get to exercize it.   There is a decent commentary in the source
about the math.  FWIW, there are no issues with the algorithm or the math,
except that I'm still curious if the hash algorithm is a "standard" or not.

I probably wont update this program now unless there are bugs, or I get
inspired to make a it completely self-contained program (i.e. no 3rd-part
library needed.)

Here is the new usage statement:

Usage: a78sign [option] file
    -c = check mode only
    -f = force overwrite of invalid signature
    Default is overwrite only if signature is all zeros

    Notes: You cannot overwrite a valid signature.
           This program supports .a78 files, and raw
           binary files up to 48K

I hope this inspires some budding 7800 programmers...!

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible,
-Frank

-