Re: [stella] [Poll] What is everybody working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [Poll] What is everybody working on?
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:10:18 -0400
At 05:54 PM 8/3/01 -0700, Glenn Saunders wrote:
>>shift/rotate the playfield data.  There isn't enough time during a kernel
>>to do that,
>
>Jungle Hunt, Thrust, Vanguard, etc...

My aborted Ballblazer-like demo is already capable of independently
scrolling two playfields horizontally and vertically, though it remains to
be seen if I would have gotten the rest of the logic in there before
running out of cycles.  The grunt work in such a game would actually be
outside the display kernel, I think.

>>and there isn't enough RAM to store the results of the shifting outside the
>>kernel.
>
>Starpath RAM.

Yeah, my playfields (like Vanguard) were totally repetitive and didn't even
involve rewriting in the middle of the screen.  That would be an issue with
a more interesting horizontal scroller.

Rob

-