Re: [stella] Gameline

Subject: Re: [stella] Gameline
From: Kevin Horton <khorton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:15:54 -0500
At 12:35 PM 8/20/01 -0700, you wrote:
I was wondering, has anyone tried dumping/disassembling the firmware in the Gameline modem?

Already done that.

It might be interesting to see. Maybe it could be emulated, or the system converted to autoconnect via null modem to a PC running compatible protocols.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt (and VHS video :-)

Yes, I connected to a Gameline server sometime in '98 (I think it was) and used it to play games. I have a VHS tape of me going through the menu and connecting and all that fun stuff. Someone e-mailed me out of the blue saying he had this Gameline server up, and that I should give it a try... which I did. He has since taken it down from what I hear. He had it hooked up so the whole town could call in for free and play during the mid-late 80's and early 90's.

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/