Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Maze Craze and 650x

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Maze Craze and 650x
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:55:11 -0400
At 06:34 PM 8/20/01 -0400, Erik Mooney wrote:
>Hm, I always do forget to consider flickering when considering the 2600's
>graphical capabilities.  But it really doesn't seem feasible here; an area
>as large as an Arkanoid wall is going to be hard on the eyes even at 30 Hz
>flicker, and positively headache-inducing beyond that.

What about a staggered effect like in Suicide Mission, or better yet fake
interlace where you alternate lines and switch every frame?  I don't find
Suicide Mission obnoxious at all (well, except when emulators lose vsync
for whatever reason) and the whole screen is flickering.  It's certainly no
worse than any non-antialiased subtitles, for example.

The backgrounds and lines on the bricks are just a goner though, for sure,
unless you favor them over the enemies, laser/multiple balls and powerups.

Rob

-