Re: [stella] OT: Old hardware

Subject: Re: [stella] OT: Old hardware
From: "nj bloodline" <njbl00dline@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 06:00:16 -0400
> I bought two Kaboom keychains, one to play and one to keep.  Also got a
> Pong.  I think those and the others of that flavor were good considering
> the technology used.  Some of the others had fatal game design flaws.  The
> invaders port featured a SCROLLING display.  Sucked.  Asteroids was more
of
> a vertical scroller.

Somewhere around here I have a Pac-Junior keychain and a Space Invaders
keychain that doesn't have the two screens. The one with two screens is
kinda roundish.. mine is square. Mine also says Space Invaders on the front
of the game, the round one I've seen doesn't. I think I might still have a
Crazy Climber keychain also.

> I really do miss the old LED games, though.  Those were so much more
> fun.  Entex Space Invaders and Galaxian were so cool.  They were the
> Gameboys of their day.  Any kid who came to school with one was bugged
like
> crazy for a chance to play them.  What a way to slack of in school.

Entex Space Invaders handheld game was sooooooooo good. I used to have that
and still have Defender here, but the battery terminals need cleaning.
Otherwise it works fine. If you ever see any Epoch handheld games.. check
out Dracula.. it was a very good game. It was more like the coleco table top
size.

-