Re: [stella] the B. Watson's problem...

Subject: Re: [stella] the B. Watson's problem...
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:52:00 +0200
Hi Brian!

> jump movement? Do you mean the odd-looking wobble at the extreme left of the
> movement area? That's not on purpose... If you mean you're seeing the players
> jump around in other places, that's not on purpose (and doesn't happen on
>                 the version of xstella I'm testing with)...

> Are you using an emulator or a real VCS?

That's really, really, _really_ bad. What you're seeing on xstella is
most likely (99%) not what you'd get on the *real* thing. The output on
Z26 is actually the way more precise instrument for that.

We had all of this before, for example Andrew had an early QB optimised
on StellaX, resulting on crap output on real machines (and Z26!)...

With *jumping* I meant that your ship is not doing a smooth
pixel-by-pixel movement, but jumping in blocks of some (15?) pixels at
once. Same goes for the laser and the top tie-fighter. The * objects are
looking strange, too. The only really smooth moving objects are the
second tie-fighter and the rocket.

There's something dead wrong with the positioning.

The second tie-fighter may have some troubles with the bouncing, but
maybe that's from the positioning, too.

Maybe someone with a cuttle card or SC can confirm what I see on the
real thing?

You should switch to a DOS or WIN system with Z26, or test on the real
thing. You're definitely heading for a bad surprise here.

Greetings,
	Manuel

P.S.: I hope that I'm wrong, but...

-