Re: [stella] the B. Watson's problem...
Subject: Re: [stella] the B. Watson's problem...|
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:25:40 -0700
At 12:10 AM 8/23/2001 -0400, you wrote:
On the 'bright' side, anyone who switches to Win2k or WinXP may very well
have the same problems ;)
Windows XP is going to have better DOS compatibility through emulation
which should (in theory) fix all these problems.
I read a preview where they were running old 16-bit DOS games under
XP. It's not like 98. It's still the full NT kernel. The DOS stuff is
running through some kind of protected-memory emulation layer, whereas NT
and 2000 just fail to run the 16-bit code at all.
I know it's a leap, but I do wish emulation authors scuttle DOS and go for
Win32/DirectX. The rest of the game industry has. It's about time to move
ahead. Yeah, this coming from an Atari 2600 fan, a machine that doesn't
even have an OS ROM...
Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment
Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698
Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc
Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/
Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/
- Re: [stella] the B. Watson's problem..., (continued)
- Rob - Thu, 23 Aug 2001 00:51:07 -0400 (EDT)
- B. Watson - Thu, 23 Aug 2001 01:30:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Erik Mooney - Thu, 23 Aug 2001 01:47:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Rob - Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:00:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Glenn Saunders - Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:28:40 -0400 (EDT) <=
- John Saeger - Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:36:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Rob - Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:00:38 -0400 (EDT)
- John Saeger - Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:11:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Rob - Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:00:37 -0400 (EDT)