Aw: Re: [stella] Gunfight: AI

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] Gunfight: AI
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:32:59 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Glenn!

> I think this is the first "2p at the same time" hobby game written yet that
> has a 1p AI option.  Actually, isn't it also the first hobby game that is
> "2p at the same time"?  Mondo Pong was 1p only wasn't it?

Hm... I'm not too sure about Pressure Gauge 1 & 2. Did they have AIs?
One of 'em was even 4-player, or?

But, maybe pointing to a real possible VCS first:
The Gunfight AI can be turned on/off _any_ time, even in the middle
of a game :-)

> Is there any way (I know this is nitpicking) with the framing on the score
> for the interior of the frame to be a different color?  It doesn't look like
> a sign right now.  It looks "hollow" if you know what I mean, because the
> interior has the same color as the dirt.  It might look better if it were a
> solid square.

One of the problems is the VCS colors. When trying to do a shading
I didn't really find colors that matched nicely to the metal & wood
look I'm currently doing.

I tried doing a solid frame first for example, but all colors
I tried didn't contrast well enough.

Another problen is that the color change would need a very exact timing,
there's only maybe two possible cycles on the on/off positions
where the color change could be done unnoticed.

I'll try & report, but don't expect too much here :-)

Greetings,
     Manuel

Neu: Die Lern-, Spaß- und Erlebniswelt von Nexgo für Kinder
von 4 bis 12 Jahren können Sie jetzt kostenlos testen:
Klicken Sie einfach hier und ermöglichen Sie Ihrem Nachwuchs
den Vorsprung in der Informationswelt von morgen.
http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/redir.php/family1

-