Re: [stella] the B. Watson's problem...

Subject: Re: [stella] the B. Watson's problem...
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:26:50 -0400
At 11:25 PM 8/22/01 -0700, Glenn Saunders wrote:
>I know it's a leap, but I do wish emulation authors scuttle DOS and go for
>Win32/DirectX.  The rest of the game industry has.  It's about time to move
>ahead.  Yeah, this coming from an Atari 2600 fan, a machine that doesn't
>even have an OS ROM...

I'd vote for this just because it's a lot easier to run Windows apps under
Linux these days than DOS apps, but I'd rather they use something like SDL.
 Of course most of them won't, but hopefully enough of them will keep their
source free that someone will be able to port them anyway.  I'd rather port
a DX program than something with a lot of assembler.

Rob

-