Re: [stella] 2600 Console Switches...

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 Console Switches...
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:56:29 +0200
>   This is not so much a programming question as a design question.  What
> were the Console Switch layouts from right to left on the respective
> systems?  I can't remember and the info is not readily available.  There
was
> the Six Switch old models, then the 4 switch ones, followed by the juniors
> and the 7800's.  The 7800s use the B/W switch as a pause switch, right?
And
> the SECAM B/W witch is hardwired to B/W, correct?  What about the diff

The SECAM B/W switch isn't really hardwired to B/W, but the
B/W switch input on the RIOT is. Therefore a game can't use
that switch. But you can still turn the colours off on the SECAM
VCS. But this is not left to the game, like on PAL and NTSC.
They must be doing it in hardware.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-