Re: [stella] Tombstones and such...

Subject: Re: [stella] Tombstones and such...
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:56:12 -0700
At 02:25 PM 8/24/2001 +0200, you wrote:
No chance with MAME, the game isn't emulated, because it has no cpu.
Does anybody (Glenn?) know an emulated version, maybe on another plattform (C64 etc.)?

There are two ports I know of, one for the NES, another for the Vic20 on tape. I don't know if the Vic20 is a real port or just shares the same name.

I haven't seen either.

As for emulating no-CPU games, it can be done, as it was with Pong on Atari Arcade Hits 1. It's just not easy. Some people are working on no-CPU games for MAME, but I'm not holding my breath on them, especially Monaco GP which has to be the most advanced no-CPU game ever created (why they still went with that ultra-hw-design-intensive architecture with that game is a mystery to me).

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/