Re: [stella] Overlayed sprites...

Subject: Re: [stella] Overlayed sprites...
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:30:45 -0400
At 04:18 PM 8/24/01 +0200, cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>Or one could overlay double width sprites with single width ones...

That's how I was going to do the ghost eyes in the C64 version of Pac-Man I
had to abandon - it only has 8 sprites and I needed 9, so I was going to
spread the last three sprites across the four monsters, altering the sprite
definitions and making them double wide as needed when all four were on the
same row.  The lack of that and a decent Galaga have always bugged me about
the 64.

2600 content: I always figured I'd use the ball or a missile for the red
coloring on the ship in Galaga, but never got far enough to decide if it
was a worthwhile tradeoff to have a two color ship that no enemies could be
on the same horizontal level with.

Rob

-