[stella] 2600 Joust

Subject: [stella] 2600 Joust
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 08:31:47 -0700
At 02:35 AM 8/25/2001 -0400, you wrote:
Dude!  I don't have my Joust cart here with me, but I seem to recall that
it was an awesome port.  Am I completely off base here?  What do others think
about 2600 Joust?

The funny thing with ports is that people judge them based on varied criteria. For some people, it's got to play and look exactly like the arcade otherwise it sucks. Like if Pac Man doesn't have the intermissions and the ghosts don't have white in their eyes, the game sucks.

For me, it just has to be a fun game to play on its own merits.

Joust is missing the lava hands, and the eggs float rather than bounce in arcs, but other than that, the play-pattern was matched well. I'm surprised how well it came off. I played it for the first time about a month ago (I had the 8-bit version as a kid which is of course more accurate, so I never got the 2600 version).

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/