Re: [stella] EPROMs

Subject: Re: [stella] EPROMs
From: Paul Slocum <paul-slocum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 01:58:50 -0500

Hmm, wonder what killed the dead one I have? I get no video at all, it could
be as simple as a dead RF modulator I suppose.

I've come across one dead console, and it appears that it was the RF. To get started, you can swap out the top board with the switches and RF. Just unplug the little ribbon cable on top and remove the screws. Try swapping it out with the top board from one that works. If it is the RF, you could do the mod to make a composite out, which is nice to have. You might also check that the power supply plug is working since they break sometimes.

But beyond that, it's probably not worth spending too much time fixing them since they can be found at thrift stores for cheap. I just bought another nice 6-switch for $4 today.

The most common problem I find with consoles is that the switches are jittery or broken. So it's good to have a non-working console for a supply of switches and other parts.

-Paul

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/