Re: [stella] EPROMs

Subject: Re: [stella] EPROMs
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:08:20 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Paul Slocum wrote:

> it out with the top board from one that works.  If it is the RF, you could
> do the mod to make a composite out, which is nice to have.  You might also

Ah, the composite out would be a worthy thing to have. The TV in the living
room has not one but 2 composite inputs, and an S-Video (which I believe is
just separate chroma/luma, a la the Commodore 1702 monitor)

> But beyond that, it's probably not worth spending too much time fixing them
> since they can be found at thrift stores for cheap.  I just bought another
> nice 6-switch for $4 today.

#define RANT_MODE

I must just have crappy thrift stores around here. If someone were to donate
an Atari, usually they're donating the console, 20-30 games, 2-3 controller,
etc... Thrift stores here try to keep systems together and sell the whole
thing for $40. You can hardly find just a console, or individual carts. Same
goes for PC hardware, I found a great old IBM keyboard, with no price tag.
Expecting to pay $5 or less, took it to the counter... they told me it was part
of a system (an IBM AT, complete with 9" monochrome monitor), which cost $60.
The other thrift store never has anything higher-tech than a typewriter.

#undef RANT_MODE

Sorry bout that, had to get it off my chest..

Brian

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-