Re: [stella] the most difficult part

Subject: Re: [stella] the most difficult part
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 21:46:55 +0200
Hi Glenn!

> I also want to make the pedestrian AI relatively smart, and that will be
> tough.  I'm hoping you'll be able to help me with that part as you already
> covered similar territory in Gunfight.

For a start you could try some simple evasive alghorithms. In short it
is working just the opposite way than a tracking algorithm. Have Pac-Man
for example, all they had to do for the ghosts AI after Pac-Mac ate the
power up was changing the signs in the tracking algorithm.
Add some simple try'n'bump logic to avoid obstacles and the AI should be
almost done.

Greetings,
	Manuel

-