Re: [stella] OT: ATASCII

Subject: Re: [stella] OT: ATASCII
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:26:24 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> I used to love ATASCII animations during my BBS days.  You can do a lot
> with ATASCII.

ATASCII was great... I used to call boards that let you use ATASCII in
public message boards, and I'd use the cursor movement keys to move up to
where the user's handle you were replying to was going to be printed, and
overwrite their names with rude insults...

This is exactly the kind of behavior that, if I saw it today, I'd think,
people like this don't belong on the 'net... but I was about 10, and so
were most of the other BBS users, so it didn't matter...

B.

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-