Re: [stella] The Sound Machine V1.0

Subject: Re: [stella] The Sound Machine V1.0
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:16:24 +0200
Manuel wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> As I said in the SONIC (R)EVOLUTION mail, I'm gonna offer & explain the
> sound driver of Gunfight!

My knowledge about sound generation is just above zero, but I have to say: GREAT!!!

The new gunfight sound routine do not sound very good on my old soundblaster compatible (or not) crap, but I'm quite sure that's the hardware. And I get an idea how good the 2600 might sound, when it's used right.

As I said, I'm much better in coding, than in sound generation. So I couldn't resist and had a look at your code. I think, that you could optimize it a bit by avoiding loading soundcount several times. I'll have a closer look, maybe I find some more suggestions...

But I'm sure you knew this already :)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |