Aw: Re: [stella] The Sound Machine V1.0

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] The Sound Machine V1.0
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:37:34 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Thomas!

> As I said, I'm much better in coding, than in sound generation. So I
> couldn't resist and had a look at your code. I think, that you could
> optimize it a bit by avoiding loading soundcount several times. I'll have a
> closer look, maybe I find some more suggestions...

Cool! Thanks!

> But I'm sure you knew this already :)

Uhm... well... I seem to have set the main focus on
functionality - this time :-)

One probably could rearrange the routine
to have it looped per channel, like this:

LDX #$01
Do AUDV,X
Do AUDC,X
Do AUDF,X
DEX
BNE otherchannel

But then one'd have to rearrange all the data tables as
well, which would somehow collide with the 'All Purpose' /
'Easy To Use' aspect of it :-)

I'm gonna ruin the routine in gunfight soon, too :-)
That's why I extracted it from the gunfight source now.
It's supposed to play two additional jingles in gunfight,
which will render it less transparent as it is now.

But improvements like that escaped soundcount thing
are of course welcome!

Greetings,
     Manuel

Knaller, Schnäppchen & Specials finden Sie beim Nexgo-Shopping!
http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/redir.php/shop1

-