Re: [stella] First steps

Subject: Re: [stella] First steps
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:53:15 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> I "think" in terms of a coordinate space where 0,0 is at the top left of the
> screen and the scanline counter incrementing downward.  It's been confusing
> as it is dealing with this decrementing scanline counter.  I hate that, but
> it seems to be the standard way to do it on the 2600, having all the data
> upside down, probably because BNE is a quicker way to end a loop than
> testing for a given maximum value.

Yeah, part of programming this beast is learning that your brain is a lot more
flexible than Stella.  It's pretty set in it's ways and not likely to change
anytime soon.  ;)

> BTW, for those in the know, with rotating sprite games like Combat and
> Indy500, how many of the 16 frames of sprite rotation animation are stored

I think Combat only uses 5 images.  Maybe less.  Joe Decuir mentioned
this in his talk at CGE, but I don't remember offhand.

-Chris