RE: [stella] HTML version of Stella Programmer's Guide

Subject: RE: [stella] HTML version of Stella Programmer's Guide
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:14:15 -0700
At 05:34 PM 9/16/2001 -0400, you wrote:
Yup, that was it. Actually, that's the GTIA palette, from the Atari 400/800
series, but it looks identical to Jake's MacStella screenshot at
http://www.uvm.edu/~jpatters/ntscpalette.jpg , only smaller.

Actually it's not identical. The hues are different for one thing; note the greens on the left. The GTIA one renders several colors the same RGB values. The NTSCPalette image has some very close but not identical. Also, the GTIA one has the luminance squashed which more reflects the limited dynamic range of NTSC, whereas the ntscpalette image expands to the full capacity of RGB.

I'd go by the ntscpalette image then.

I have my doubts how accurate the GTIA image is even representing GTIA... If it's correct then there are a lot of duplicate colors and I just don't think it's like that in the 400/800.

-