Re: [stella] Tentative plans for 2nd Edition Stella Guide

Subject: Re: [stella] Tentative plans for 2nd Edition Stella Guide
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:42:16 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:

> Brian wrote:
> > http://www.urchlay.com/stelladoc/TODO.txt
> >
> > Comments, suggestions, flames?
>
> Looking very promising.
>
> Some suggestions:
> - commented code samples: 48 pixel display, calculating the values for horizontal positioning, random number generating, BCD arithmetics, reading joystick and switches (with debouncing)...
> - a glossary for terms like "venetian blinds", "HMOVE blanks" ...
> - an advanced programming chapter, with tips and tricks how to optimize for speed (inside kernel) and size (outside kernel)

These have been added to the TODO.txt, thanks.

Advanced topics like these are the reason this is a collaborative project...
Of the 5 topics you mentioned having code samples for, I only know how to write
3 of them so far. So if it were just me doing this, it'd have gapong holes in
it...

Any chance you'd have the time & inclination to get started on one of your
suggested topics?

Brian

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-