Re: [stella] Asymmetrical Reflected Playfield

Subject: Re: [stella] Asymmetrical Reflected Playfield
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:03:03 +0200
Erik Mooney wrote:
> [numbers as if there's a WSYNC here]
> ScanLoop
>          DEC ScanPix            +5  5
>          BNE ScanGo             +2  7
>          LDA #5         +2  9
>          STA ScanPix            +3 12
>          DEX            +2 14
>          BNE ScanGo             +2 16
>          LDX #6         +2 18

>>         = max 19 cycles?  I didn't think this would take that long.

> Takes 18 by my count.

Oops, you're right, I have to correct my cycle
counting. Actually I counted DEC wrong (only 3
cycles).

My result was 2 cycles to LOW, which means 21 cycles
now (because you have to count WSYNC too).

So, it's getting even worse, because the maximum now is
77(!) cycles. As this worst case only happens between
the displayed strings, it is hard to notice this from
viewing at the resulting output.

BTW: I didn't receive the reply of Glenn. Was it posted
directly to you Erik?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |