[stella] Generating a health bar without ruining your health...

Subject: [stella] Generating a health bar without ruining your health...
From: "Christopher Rydberg" <solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:33:55 +0000
Hey all,

I'm working on Duel of Dragon and Tiger right now and am having a bit of trouble generating a satisfactory health bar for the characters. I think it will probably have to be built from the playfield, but am not sure how this sort of thing is generally done. Could someone give me some ideas for a display routine to put out seperate P0 and P1 health bars or point me at some good disassembled code that I could study for this type of thing. I was thinking of one along the lines of the Hero health bar, but I can't quite get mine to work. Please help. My original code was based on a six digit score type six slot health bar that based on the P0 variable changed the colors of the six sprites, but I then realized that there are actually two sprites repeated three times not six individual sprites so it shot that version out of the water fairly quickly. I'm busting vains trying to get something together for this and am getting nowhere. Help, anyone...please...pretty please...with a cherry on top...please*

Christopher "tired and waterlogged" Rydberg solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx afterlife.0catch.com