Re: [stella] Supercharger and the 7800

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger and the 7800
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 14:06:13 +0200
> I found the modification for NTSC boards, but nothing is available
> on the PAL 7800's, at least nothing I could find.
>
> Does anybody have details on the required modification, any
> hints, schematics, etc. would be appreciated!

The modification is actually the same, only the parts on the
board have been reordered. If you open up your PAL 7800, you'll
see four smaller logic chips in the upper right, ordered in a
square. The one in the top-right should be a 4013 BCP. Above it
there is a row of components. The left-most part in that row
is a colour-coded capacitor. It looks like a light-green
resistor with brown/black/brown/gold rings. This is the part
you need to remove for the compatibility fix. When you have
removed the capacitor, it should read C42 under it on the
board.

I have done this fix to one of my 7800s, and it works with my
Cuttle Cart now. But should you decide to do this modification
yourself, you'll be doing it at your own risk.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-