Re: [stella] Atari Logo playfield demo

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari Logo playfield demo
From: Erik Mooney <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 17:49:43 -0400
On Sun, 7 Oct 2001 15:52:07 -0400, you wrote:

>This is my first demo for the 2600 which uses the playfield registers to
>draw the Atari logo.  I've only tested it using z26, let me know if it
>doesn't work on the real thing.  (It is also 262 line NTSC, though could
>probably be adapted fairly quickly for PAL.)  It's been a long while since
>I've done any assembly language programming, and Stella looks to be a fun
>challenge.

I don't have my real hardware set up, but it runs fine on Stella for
Windows and PCAE for DOS, and peeking in with the debugger in the latter,
it appears you have the proper number of lines being done everywhere.

Beg/borrow/steal a Supercharger or Cuttle Cart; seeing the real console
display your work is a big part of the fun of programming the 2600.

It's also quite pretty and could make a neat title screen for a game just
as it is :)

-