Re: [stella] Hypnotic 0.04

Subject: Re: [stella] Hypnotic 0.04
From: "B. Watson" <urchlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:00:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, inkling wrote:

> So, I present to you Hypnotic 0.04.  There's no gameplay, just
> 2600-esque kaleidoscope displays, with a user-interface.  There's
> plenty of room in the ROM for more displays, and there are many
> features I'd like to incorporate into it.

Wow. That makes me wish I hadn't quit some of my, er, bad habits I
used to have...

Have you run this on a real 2600 yet? When I get home I want to see
it on my 29" TV, should look even better than it does on a 19" PC
monitor.

> If it's deemed worthy, it could be included in v2 of the Stella guide;
> it illustrates how to read joystick controls and how to debounce
> SWCHB.  I'm sure that everyone has written a 'cycle the playfield
> colors' demonstration; I wanted to contribute my 0.02 to the cause.

The debounce stuff is a section nobody's started on yet... your code
looks like as good a starting point as any (well commented, too). Feel
free to go ahead & write the text of the section too, if you're in
the mood...

B.

-