Re: Aw: [stella] Clock Counting...Newbie.

Subject: Re: Aw: [stella] Clock Counting...Newbie.
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:00:48 -0700
Most of all you want to have the data updated before it get's
visible on the screen

Or any time AFTER the sprite is drawn but before it is drawn again, which yeilds a heck of a lot more available time than HBLANK if the sprite is on the left half of the screen, although I guess it would yield an unusable 1st scanline unless you had some specialized code for the 1st line to jam it in there.

BTW, does anyone know of any other games that seem to exhibit a tearing effect or missing scanline effect due to inopportune GRPx writes? Motorodeo comes to mind. I don't know what's going on in that game but it's something strange. It's got like a phantom scanline or something.