Re: [stella] Cart PCBs

Subject: Re: [stella] Cart PCBs
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 01:36:37 -0400 (EDT)

I make cart boards for ROM-only games up to 32K.  I use 27Cxx EPROMs,
which are CMOS, but not electrically erasable.  I've also been known to
use Flash ROMs (which are essentially EEPROMs), but those are only for
personal use:  for testing new hardware that I build and, if they can't
do it themselves, new software written by the people here.

There's the PCB that Joe Grand makes, and I think at one point, Randy
Crihfield at Hozer Video Games was planning to make some type of board.
But I don't know the details, or if he ever did.  I'm sure Kevin Horton,
Chad Schell, and the other hardware hackers here have done similar things.

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Billy Eno wrote:

> What sort of custom PCBs are out there for 2600 carts?  I have seen a few
> references in the archives, but not many specifics.  I know there are ones
> out there that use old 2732 NMOS EPROMs (specifically Joe Grand's 2732 +
> inverter carts of SCSIside fame) but I wonder if anyone has experience using
> modern CMOS EEPROMs for the carts.

Archives (includes files) at
Unsub & more at