Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Player data loading...semi newbie

Subject: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Player data loading...semi newbie
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:28:19 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Chris!

> > @X...X... stuff for graphics. Now I've thought of another feature
> > that I'd find useful, don't know if anyone else would.. how about
> > a `reverse/revend' pair of pseudo-ops? Their purpose would be to
> > Does anyone think this is a good idea? Would anyone use it?

> There have been several threads of "Oh...I didn't know DASM could do that"
> lately.  Part of the reason is that it's simply big and bloated.  I think
> with too many changes, DASM is going to become unwieldly.

Hm... that's quite an interesting point. but so far I've no problem
to have hundreds of DASM features that I don't know :-)

> I think it would suffice to say that the feature isn't needed (IMHO).
> You still have to enter the code/graphics, in this case "right side up".

I think it'd be a more useful feature than 90% of what is already in.
I'd use it and I'd love to have it.

I'm saying that with having turned graphics more often
than I did most other nasty tasks...

It goes like:

'Hey, reversing that loop would enable me to...'

*TurnsGraphicsUpsideDown*

'Ooops, didn't work out'

*TurnsGraphicsUpsideDown*

'But wait maybe if I try...'

*TurnsGraphicsUpsideDown*

and so on...

Even the most standard way would be
hacking the graphics in the right order,
and reversing them when finished.

So that feature definitely gets my vote, as well as the
idea for a special graphics format in general.

If someone fears a feature overkill in DASM, I can point
out enough other useless stuff that can be removed
in exchange for these two brill things.

What's that REPEAT/REPEND stuff worth for example?
If you're using it, you're already doing something
dead wrong... :-)

Greeetings,
     Manuel

Bei unserem Shoppingpartner waltherliving erhalten Sie einen Gutschein im
Wert von DM 10,00 für Ihren nächsten Onlineeinkauf! Einfach hier abrufen
http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/redir.php/living1

-