Aw: [stella] QBASIC and ATARI 8 bit Emulator

Subject: Aw: [stella] QBASIC and ATARI 8 bit Emulator
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:48:16 +0200 (CEST)
Hi!

> If i get atari 800 win for my PC ( atari 8 bit emulator can i take QBASIC
> and
> just start rewriting it into Atari BASIC?

Hm... if you want to rewrite atari 800 win in QBASIC, you're more likely
to get a QBASIC version as a result, than an Atari BASIC version.

If you want to rewrite atari 800 win in Atari BASIC, that'd get you an
Atari 800 emulatur running within an Atari 800 emulator.

If you rewrite QBASIC with Atari BASIC on atari 800 win, then, well you
might get a new BASIC dialect for the Atari 800 in the end. Important
thing to notice here should be, that it'll take approximately a thousand
times longer than just porting any QBASIC programm to Atari BASIC.

> if so if i rework it as a Atari BASIC Program how do i save it as ( how to i

Now I'm getting a little confused. Is it QBASIC or atari 800 win that you've
turned into an Atari BASIC Program by now?
I'm not sure, but probably Atari BASIC has a save function, that might let you
save your stuff on disk images?

> make a BIN file out of it ( if its like the same way atari 2600 is which i
> doubt .)

Since BASIC is an interpreter and no compiler, you're absolutely lucky
to use your BASIC programm as is. You only need to RUN it, just like on
QBASIC.

> what other 8 bit rom program woudl i need then?

You probably could use any Atari BASIC compiler for that,
but as I said before, you maybe don't need it anyway,
because Atari BASIC programms are just runned.

Good luck to your quest and just ask again, if you need any more
help with your task.

Greetings,
     Manuel

-80 % - 60% - 30 %
Gehen Sie auf Schnäppchenjagd bei Nexgo!
http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/ddt_special/discount_01.php

-