Re: [stella] Programming Contest?

Subject: Re: [stella] Programming Contest?
From: Joe Grand <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 22:25:38 -0400
If I remember correctly, the driving paddles are actually rotary encoders. So CO10802 isn't just a rotary switch, but actually has one or two small discs inside it which will generate a 4-bit sequence (quadrature output, I think it's called). By looking at the sequence, one can determine which direction the device is turning. Looking at the schematic, only 2 of those pins are used to generate the sequence..

I remember seeing some sample source code somewhere for using the driving controllers somewhere in the Stella archives.. Maybe Bob Colbert's Stell-a-Sketch source..

Joe
http://www.mindspring.com/~jgrand/atari